CPAC 2013 sucked at rebuilding a fractured image of the GOP. In fact, the racism was out of control. No matter how the attendees tried to spin it, some powerful moments were captured by independent media. And not in a good way.
These are the videos that will burn in voters’ brains for quite some time. There is no dismissing the notion that CPAC attendees care more about their white, male privilege than attracting and preserving their relationships with conservative-leaning minorities.
Here are three of the worst moments caught on tape:
- Video: Nope, No Racism at CPAC…Move Right Along! (curmilus.wordpress.com)
- Voice of White Supremacy Silences #CPAC Attempt At Racial Diversity (politicaljesus.com)
- Radio host says she was booed, shouted down at CPAC ‘race’ event (thegrio.com)
- Racism Talk At CPAC Derailed When Attendee Says Slaves Should Have Been Grateful (mediaite.com)
- Whoops 2013: CPAC’s Bigot Eruption (thedailybanter.com)
- CPAC 2013: The racism at CPAC (dailykos.com)
- At CPAC, Bobby Jindal Jokes About Waterboarding, Racism (crooksandliars.com)
- Video | CPAC, SLAVERY, White Privilege, Misogyny, Gun-slinging NRA, Grifters, Racism, Coonery, Buffoonery, Birtherism & Jim Crow Laws = GOP (3chicspolitico.com)
- Explosive New Audio: Crowd At CPAC Racism Seminar Shouts Down Black Radio Host (mediaite.com)
- CPAC Panel Decrying Conservative Racism Disrupted by Conservative Racists (wealthshare.wordpress.com)