Always aware of the power of social media, cats are learning to take a stand and wield their powerful influence for good.
The topic is very serious, but spreading awareness important.
If you see bullying on social media, please be an adult and report it.
This past week, a young rape victim was bullied to death after photographs of her rape were distributed online. This is the reason we call “rape victims” survivors when they speak out. Speaking out and speaking up about the effects of rape is just one way to stand up to bullies. We need a society that makes bullying unacceptable. Sometimes this means we have to police our own networks, like the good people at Bullyville.com do.
- DayofPink: Bullying should never be justified (terkinn.wordpress.com)
- We Failed Rehtaeh Parsons (persephonemagazine.com)
- Teenage rape victim commits suicide after being bullied by peers (rawstory.com)
- Rehtaeh Parsons’ school board kept in dark over rape investigation (ctvnews.ca)
- Bullying in Preschool: What Parents Need to Know (education.com)
- What Makes a Bully? (education.com)
- Canadian teen commits suicide after alleged rape, bullying (cnn.com)