He claimed to be the next Breitbart, sent by a professional political “firm” to infiltrate the left and gather intelligence James O’Keefe style, but Randy Hahn aka Jason Wade Taylor, was anything but professional.
The strong arm of the law has finally caught up with Jason Wade Taylor of Houston, Texas, self-proclaimed “infiltrator” of the progressive social media movement known for his racist tirades and penchant for on-air Blog Talk Radio death threats.
While Mr. Taylor certainly believed he was the next Breitbart, his Twitter theatrics caused many people on both the right and the left a lot of grief and troubles.
Mr. Taylor had what could only be described as a “hit list” of targets in the progressive Twittersphere, based on his own perception of who was a “radical leftist”. He was embraced by the far right owners of Conservative Report Online, and many people participated in his smear campaigns and perceived vendettas, under the false presumption that what they were doing was legal, moral, and untouchable under the guise of free speech.
Jason W. Taylor’s “infiltration” of the left did not garner much in the way of “political intelligence” other than a very personal, hateful binge of threats, doxing, and intimidation of not only progressive activists, but anyone who stood up to him or stood in his way of his “mission.”
A few of the things Jason W. Taylor “accomplished” using the online persona of “Randy Hahn” :
- “Infiltrated” the #StopRush movement by creating multiple accounts to tweet on the hashtag and joining the listserv, only to later leak group emails with the help of a feminist group who believed they would receive financial support for their projects.
- Participated in a bizarre smear campaign involving the use of the c-word in a bad breakup between two Twitter users that never met in real life, in person, but for some reason one party saved a ton of voicemails for use against her ex.
- Used over 30 sock puppet accounts to publish death threats directed at various left-leaning bloggers, doxing writers, and eventually creating multiple sock puppet accounts to harass ,and even threaten his ex-online-girlfriend with rape.
- Started a drunken Blog Talk Radio aimed at harassing progressives and assorted enemies, which was pulled at least 3 times due to hate speech and libelous content. One of the “highlights” of this “radio show” was the George Zimmerman interview, which resulted in Jason Wade Taylor drunkenly ranting “that nigger deserved to be killed” (in reference to Trayvon Martin) and a subsequent Twitter rant using the “n word” and justifying its use.
- Attempted to blackmail and extort two former allies in his own locality, including one Breitbart.com staffer, ending with a bounty on his head and several police calls, and a possible a warrant for his arrest.
Mr. Taylor was arrested and held in El Paso County, Colorado. He is accused of assaulting (i.e. choking) his online love interest and apparently faces extradition to Tarrant County, in Houston, Texas, to face unrelated charges.
Many people were caught in “Randy’s” tangled web of online cons and deceit, but very few stood up to him or tried to bring him to justice. It’s sad that Jason Wade Taylor was enabled and cajoled by many people to go after perceived “enemies” rather than recognized as the danger to society he truly is. He needed help, and the people he was targeting deserved to be free of his sadistic predatory behavior.
When online criminals are recognized for what they truly are – unstable, fearless, unpredictable menaces – we need to be the adults in the room and take action. Many people filed police reports and spoke with federal authorities about “Randy’s” threats. Many others deflected responsibility, laughed it off, and insinuated that he was “harmless” – simply because they doubted he would cross state lines to make his death threats a reality.
If Mr. Taylor had managed to actually kill his girlfriend, there would be blood on many hands. If you’ve enabled a predator and participated in his criminal activities, you can’t simply wash your hands clean and never mention him again. Sometimes, you have to take a stand before it’s too late. Many people were asked to contact the police or FBI and give information on Mr. Taylor’s contact information and whereabouts. In fact, many of the people who published Jason’s hit lists and helped him harass other people could likely be held legally responsible as accomplices.
Unfortunately, real-life harm and abuse was what it took to land Jason W. Taylor in jail, at least for the time being.
There were many of us that saw this coming, and we did the best we could. Hopefully, justice will prevail, and Jason, alongside his various partners, will be held responsible for his actions very soon.
Let’s hope some people learn a valuable lesson from this, and justice prevails.
- Jason Wade Taylor Arrested, Held As “Fugitive From Justice” (UPDATE)
- Stranahan Puts $1000 Bounty on Jason Wade Taylor
- Abuser, Bully, Fraud and Failure: Jason Wade Taylor aka Randy Hahn
- Jason Wade Taylor “Coming After Me” With His Sockpuppets
- Surprise! Some Breitbart.com Guy Reacts Like A Buffoon To NBA Player Coming Out As Gay (mediaite.com)
- The #Breitbart Smear Machine is Losing Its Voice (lolwutpolitics.wordpress.com)