Plastic bottles are consumed in masses everyday by consumers across the globe. Taiwan has been overwhelmed by plastic bottle waste, so they’ve been working on innovative solutions to combat waste.
Waste from plastic bottles is immense in the tiny territory, with approximately 90,000 bottles recycled annually. More than 90% of the recycle comes from Tsu Chi Foundation; a religious group dispatching over 80,000 volunteers across some 5,000 stations.
Taiwan made the decision to find innovative ways to recycle their own waste on their own land, with the realization that transporting recycling to outsourcing partners overseas was too costly and logistically would cause a lot of emissions of C02 in transport alone.
There’s an exciting recycling revolution going on in Taiwan. Check out what they’re doing with those bottles:
- In honor of Earth Day, spotlight on eco-friendly mats (xpressmats.com)
- Reusing plastic water or soda bottles (ecogreenlove.wordpress.com)
- 8 Innovative Ideas for Upcycling Wine Bottles (cubesmart.com)
- Re-use Plastic Bottles to Re-duce Pollution (theindustrialmachinery.wordpress.com)
- A Quick Re-Cap for Plastic Bottle Users (theindustrialmachinery.wordpress.com)