Today, June 20th is a day that the United Nations, United Nations Refugee Agency (UNHCR ) and countless civic groups around the world take time to celebrate World Refugee Day.
World Refugee Day is a day for us to embrace people who fled their home countries due to hardship: there are millions of refugees worldwide who have been forced to flee their homes due to war, conflict and persecution. Some of them flee, but still have nowhere to go.
Here’s a breakdown on refugees around the world.
- Over 2,500 refugees from Qusair arrive in Lebanon… (yallasouriya.wordpress.com)
- UNHCR: Keep Borders Open to Fleeing Syrians (voanews.com)
- Jordan keeps out Syrian refugees in border clampdown (dailystar.com.lb)
- Open letter by Iranian refugees in India to United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (ireport.cnn.com)
- Jordan’s border clampdown shuts out refugees (dailystar.com.lb)