Happy Caturday! This post is long overdue — a tribute to inter-species friendship with man’s two best friends, cats and dogs. (Secret: sometimes they’re best friends with each other!)
We can all get over our differences, but it’s important to start out your friendships cautiously.
Sometimes kitties and puppies first make friends because they’re lonely. It’s a scary world when they find their first furrever homes or foster homes. Nothing seems certain. They keep eachother warm when they sleep.
Sometimes for an adult dog, the prospect of caring for a kitten seems like an awesome responsibility, but the cuteness of a kitten is heart-melting, even among the most stoic dog breeds.
Sometimes a hug is all that’s needed, even if your a new feline friend resists at first… A hug will always set things right if your furrfriends have been tussling.
When kitty feels powerless and tiny, a it’s nice to feel loved by someone who makes her feel safe.
Sometimes we argue and wrestle and fight, but it always ends with love, because that’s what friendship is all about.
The roles can reverse, too. This puppy’s best friend watches over him, protectively while he sleeps. With a look on her face that’s so priceless, she can scare away his bad dreams.
- Happy Caturday (new feature) (lymieeatingcoconut.wordpress.com)
- Looks Like More Than Just Cats This Caturday! (stonergirlsguide.wordpress.com)
- Of Course…..it’s *caturday Ramblin’s* (catherinelyonaddictedtodimes.wordpress.com)
- My Caturday nap schedule was shot! (hairballexpress.wordpress.com)
- Dog donates blood and saves a dying cat’s life. Just one more reason why ALL animals are welcome on Caturday [Caturday] (fark.com)